BerlandTeam is a new kind of insights and strategy firm. We Decode Data into Momentum™ for individuals, organizations and movements. This means, for each client in our diverse portfolio (think Estee Lauder Companies, Airbnb, WeWork, Brooklyn Brewery, the NHL), we use wide-ranging data sources to diagnose what’s most in the way of our clients’ ambition and then advise them on how to move forward.
We’re a tight-knit group that’s sharp, a little quirky and extremely collaborative. And we’re big fans of lunch. Seriously. We love a good lunch.
We’re actively looking to recruit Momentum Shapers with 3-6 years of experience who, among other things, can fearlessly drive client projects from start to finish. This position, based in New York City, requires solid quantitative and qualitative research experience, a take-ownership attitude, and a hunger to learn and grow while delivering results that exceed client expectations -- and have a blast doing it. Expect to learn a lot about cool companies, new products, and the latest in research, analytics and strategy.
- You love connecting dots and solving puzzles. And when a piece is missing, or the dots don’t line up neatly, you don’t get frustrated, you get motivated.
- You have a passion that drives how you approach both work and life (Fortnite, theater/improv, Soulcycle, ping pong, sports analytics, etc.)
- You’re a news and information junkie tapped into what’s new and now.
- You’re not afraid to take chances and make mistakes. But you don’t make the same mistake twice.
- You are curious: you try new foods, talk to strangers, visit new places, and always question the obvious solution
If this sounds like you… keep reading.
What You'll Do
Maintain and grow client partnerships. Build rapport by quickly becoming versed in client industries, understanding their business and business issues, and keeping on top of relevant news and trends. Be the day-to-day client contact, communicating proactively with candor and sound judgement. Manage communications of project information, status, deadlines, and next steps between the internal team and our client.
Drive projects from start to finish. Develop and maintain project work plans across multiple clients and projects (including vendor management, research design, data collection and processing, etc.). Decode data, identify insights and shape them into a compelling story. Anticipate bumps in the road and course correct. And know when to raise your hand for help.
Help us grow. Be on alert for new business opportunities, with existing clients and potential ones. Develop talent of junior team members with challenging assignments and ongoing feedback on individual job details. Tap into your experience and passions to come up with ideas, or ask thoughtful questions that encourage ideas, to drive our continued growth
- 3-6 years of client-facing experience at a consultative research or strategy firm
- Proficiency in qualitative and quantitative research and/or digital analytics
- Experience wrangling, interpreting and synthesizing data into relevant insights and actionable strategies
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and pay attention to details when things are moving quickly
What you can expect from us:
We go beyond providing a competitive salary and benefits. We want our people to be successful – in work and in life. From on-the-job learning to formal classes, seminars, and online courses, we’ll invest in you and we’ll help you grow. Promise.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees.
How to apply:
Send your resume and a note saying hi to email@example.com No need for a formal cover letter, but feel free to let us know a little more about you.